Economic climate hasn’t dented the popularity of top MBA’s

Veritas Prep, the GMAT prep and admissions consulting provider, has released the results of their annual research into what MBA applicants are thinking.

67% of applicants said they would still apply for an MBA, even if statistics on job placement in the desired field were poor.  15% said they would postpone until placement rates improved, up from 13% last year.

70% of applicants plan to use their MBA as a means of switching careers, with consulting remaining the top choice for graduates, with 25% of MBAs targeting this sector.

The full report, which includes the survey results together with advice for MBA applicants, can be downloaded here.  867 individuals were surveyed, 25% of whom were current MBA students, the remaining 75% were applicants.

Share